Tuesday 4 February 2014

Katy Perry inspired make-up look


Ever since I stepped out of seeing her concert film in the cinema, feeling absolutely devastated that I was in fact, not Katy Perry, I have vowed that I would see her on her next tour.  


So before Christmas I bought tickets for Katy Perry's Prismatic Tour in Glasgow. Excited doesn't cover it.


Today, I decided to do a Katy-inspired look to pay homage to this glorious woman! 
         

 
While she has gone back to black hair and has been rocking dark purples and reds make-up wise lately, I have always thought Katy looks best when she keeps things a bit more natural (like in the FLAWLESS image above). 

The look I went for today isn't too daring but the dramatic liner and lashes amp up the drama sufficiently for a night out look. You can always turn up the heat further with a more dramatic lipstick. 






This look needs a nice dewy base so I started with some NARS illuminator in Copacabana (borrowed from my sister, but I think I shall have to make a purchase) on the areas of the face that would catch the light. I used Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, a great little high street base, that has great light reflecting properties and gives a great glow. I used the palest colour, 100 Ivory, because I am a ghost.  




I filled my brows in a bit more than usual (they're a bit big and unruly, Delevingne-style) to try and look a bit more groomed! I kept my eyeshadow simple using just a MAC mineralize eyeshadow duo in "until dawn" from their A/W '13 collection and let the focus be on heavy eyeliner and dramatic lashes. 







I went for a finer strip lash because even though I do have big eyes like Katy, I find thick lashes can cast too much of a shadow over my eyes. My pink blush was swept over the cheekbones rather than the apples of my cheeks.




I brightened my eyes with some white liner on my water line and the inner corners. I am obsessed with lip crayons and this one is one of my favourites; Bourjois Colour Boost in Red Sunrise. Of course to moisturise and prep my lips I used Katy's favourite.....




I loved this make-up; it made me feel incredibly girly. The next Katy look I'll be trying is from her "Waking up in Vegas" video. I am hoping I can pull this off (outfit included) when I go see her live as the best dressed get to meet her!!!!!!!!!!! Arghhhhh.  Can you imagine?! I can't even deal. 




                                           Stay classy, 
                                           Derve Xx

                                    


No comments:

Post a Comment